Thursday, July 27, 2006

New Icons!!!

A few weeks ago, D. McGlaughlin and I set out to create a new "theme" for all my JS4AI icons.
He sketched out a few ideas, and we eventually gravitated toward a "scroll" feel. Early on we canned the idea of creating a "mascot", since I wanted something that would be easily updatable.
Once we did start work on the vector scroll layout, the build process went really smoothly.
The final template is almost drag-and-drop simple and I've been having a lot of fun over the past week creating the new icons. Now they're finally finished, and I'm very pleased with the way they turned out.
Scriptwise, I spent some time cleaning up the wording on some of the file headers today.
I have a small list of things to tweak, but really nothing much on the burner for public scripts.
Of course, I'll post a note here when I think of something new.
The only actual change in coding this last week has been a bugfix in the "delete Fluff" script where under certain circumstances a spot color was not accurately recognized. There still appears to be another less critical, but slightly more complicated issue with that script where it fails on the first try. I can't get the problem to repeat, but once I narrow down an example failure, I should have itfixed within a day. I suspect it might have something to do with Apple's version allowing identical swatches...
Thanks to J. Reumann for finding the bugs.