Thursday, February 19, 2009

Yet another SelectBySize Update

I got word from Nick that the SelectBySize script was locking up for a complex graphic he was working on. He sent me the artwork, and while the script worked for me, it took over 9 minutes to complete. Bleh!

So I rebuilt the processing engine from scratch, and now it is much faster. There is also now a floating text field that updates as pathItems are processed in real time. This way, it still may take a long time to finish, but at least you have a very rudimentary progress bar to let you know that the system hasn't taken a dump on you. It is much faster now though. Oh, I almost forgot, it also tells you when it's complete, and reports the total processing time. Nice huh? I know... :)

Update, install and enjoy SelectBySize v.3

-J

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanx John, u made it happen! Lots of tiny items r gone! :DDD cheers amigo, bestest 4 u, Gabor

Gabor Ruszkai said...

Thanx John, u made my day, well, even more than a day, lots of it! :D cheers amigo, bestest 4 U, Gabor