Tuesday, May 05, 2009

New Script: allPoints

S'poze you have a shape like this, and you want to draw a line from every point to every other point. OK, no problem. Just turn on "snap to points" drop a few lines, and you're done in 10 seconds. But what if you want to do something a little more complex, or something a little MORE complex?
Well if you do, you're going to love my new little script allPoints.

This script draws all connecting lines groups them together. The original object is kept but is not included in the group. It works on any single selected path item, and it's really, really fast . . . even works on stars and objects drawn freehand.

So, enough babble. Get to it kiddies - make me proud.

4 comments:

John said...

How do you get the more complex shapes? I applied the script and then tried to apply it again but it didn't work. Do you need to do something to the result before the script will work on it again?

John said...

Hey John,

Thanks for the compliments. I'm glad you're liking the scripts. The more complex shapes just had more points. I think the base object for the third example was a star, which is why it looks more complex. I only ran the script once per object.

enjoy,
-J

John said...

I see, so I should add anchor points first. All of your scripts are fantastic!

Anonymous said...

very very cool. you've saved me tons of time. the good karma, she comes your way. ~isis mongoose